Are you team go green? Whether you are team go green or not, no one can deny that planet Earth has taken a massive hit due to pollution and other destructive actions by man kind. During recent times, more individuals and cities are deciding to change their carbon footprint and help sustain this planet’s resources. I chose these ten states as the top eco-friendly of the country based on number of cities within the state that are known for having good air quality, electricity use, and transportation habits and by their popular rankings.
The following states have cities that have repeatedly made different lists for green initiatives:
10. Virginia– Alexandria, Newport News
9. Colorado– Denver, Boulder
8. Washington– Seattle
7. New York– New York City, Rochester, Syracuse
6. Illinois– Chicago, Joliet, Springfield
5. Minnesota– Minneapolis, St. Paul
4. Massachusetts– Boston, Cambridge
3. Oregon– Eugene, Portland, Oakland
2. Texas– Austin, Fort Worth, Laredo, Amarillo
1. California– San Francisco, Berkeley, Sunnyvale, Irvine, Santa Rose, Riverside, Pasadena, Norwalk, Concord, Fremont, San Bernardino, Thousand Oaks, Stockton, Davis
Honorable mentions: Michigan, Kentucky, Hawaii, and Missouri.
By far California is the most eco-friendly state, however, some states like Washington don’t have many green cities, but have strong initiatives and are green friendly. If I were to move out of New York to a new city, I would choose somewhere in California, Portland or Eugene, Seattle, or maybe Austin.
Do you agree with this list? Where would you move if you could?