I’m in Lansing, Michigan, (im)patiently waiting for warm weather to arrive. I’m focusing my time on the following things:
- Nurturing relationships with friends and family.
- Completing my PhD. I passed my comprehensive exams and now I’m working on my dissertation proposal.
- Exploring careers post-graduation. I’m exploring careers where my skills can translate well into various industries. Some job titles I’m exploring: project manager, user experience researcher, change manager, and growth hacker.
- Developing routines and patterns that allow me to focus in a world full of distractions. I’ve been reading about productivity and personal growth.
- Working on figuring out my ‘why’ and how to translate that into a new about page, a new web design, and new services to be offered.
- Writing monthly newsletters to the readers of this website.
- Creating at a makerspace. I’m working on mosaic pieces and other handmade crafts. I’m learning how to sew and continuing to practice Haitian Creole.
- Exercising, sleeping at least 8 hours a night, and eating healthy. Working on becoming more of a minimalist.
- Giving micro-investments to women and minority entrepreneurs. Supporting women and minority-owned businesses. Saving money for post-graduation life.
These are things I’m focused on right now. I’m likely to say no to anything outside of these priorities and interests.
Last update: April 6, 2017. (Page inspired by Leo Babauta/Derek Sivers).