I’m back home spending the summer in New York. I’m focusing my time on the following things:
- Nurturing relationships with friends and family.
- Completing my PhD. I passed my comprehensive exams and now I’m working on my dissertation proposal.
- Exploring careers post-graduation. I’m exploring careers where my skills can translate well into various industries. Some job titles I’m exploring: project manager, product manager, and user experience researcher. I also am considering developing my own consulting firm – unsure if this is plan A or plan B.
- Thinking deeply about artificial intelligence and the future of planet earth and all of its inhabitants.
- Figuring out how to better visualize data.
- Making a list of companies I would like to work for. Some companies of interest: OpenAI, Square, IDEO
- Wondering how I can meet Elon Musk, JK Rowling, and Ice Cube.
- Developing routines and patterns that allow me to focus in a world full of distractions. I’ve been reading about productivity and personal growth.
- Working on figuring out my ‘why’ and how to translate that into a new about page, a new web design, and new services to be offered.
- Writing monthly newsletters to the readers of this website.
- Creating at a makerspace. I’m working on mosaic pieces and other handmade crafts.
- Volunteering my social media skills to a non-profit.
- I’m continuing to practice Haitian Creole.
- Exercising, sleeping at least 8 hours a night, and eating healthy. Working on becoming more of a minimalist.
- Giving micro-investments to women and minority entrepreneurs. Supporting women and minority-owned businesses.
- Saving money for post-graduation life.
- Traveling to Botswana and South Africa.
These are things I’m focused on right now. I’m likely to say no to anything outside of these priorities and interests.
Last update: July 13, 2017. (Page inspired by Leo Babauta/Derek Sivers).