If you are like most people, you have made a New Year’s resolution to get in shape, eat healthy, and change your lifestyle.
This is a common resolution that most people never follow through on; gym memberships and diet meal plans are purchased, but nothing ever is completed. For a couple of months the gyms get packed and it seems like people are beginning to take their health seriously. Then March comes along and the gym starts to look bare again.
To start a healthy lifestyle change and to get in shape takes a few steps.
- Get at least 6-9 hours of consistent sleep a night
- Eat a hearty breakfast
- Drink water…a lot of it
- Be the change that you want to see
- Find an accountability partner
- Forget fads, make a change that will be consistent with your lifestyle
- Consume herbs/foods that prevent bloating: pineapple, Greek yogurt, peppermint/ginger tea
- Consume herbs/foods that aid with digestion: papaya, oatmeal, ginger
- Consume herbs/foods that prevent water retention: quinoa, parsley, sea salt
- Exercise! Take a Zumba class, walk, swim, go on the elliptical, jog, lift weights. Be active for at least 40-60 minutes about four times a week
- Meditate and visualize your goal
With a few simple adjustments, your New Year’s resolution can last for the entire year and beyond!
What were some of your resolutions for this year? Do you have any tips to add to the list?
An urban planning PhD student finding peace in creating a balance between the mind, body, soul, & environment.
Facebook – Instagram – Pinterest – Twitter – YouTube
Photo Credit: Lisa-Marie Pierre