31 days in October and 31 horror movies. Halloween is coming up and that means horror, gore, screams, and fear are in the air! I love watching movies and scary movies are one of my favorites. Since October has 31 days, how about you take this list of 31 movies and watch one a day until Halloween. This list has some of my favorite movies. Some are scary and some are cute. Some of gory and some are scary. Whatever, your taste this list has got it. Note: This list is not in any particular order.
- October 1st: Dawn of the Dead (2004)- Zombies, Zombies, Zombies. A group of survivors try to outwit these walking corpses.
- October 2nd: The Bad Seed- For all those parents out there who think they have the perfect child… think again. (black and white movie)
- October 3rd: The Amityville Horror (1978 or 2005)- Reportedly a true story, this movie will have your heart pumping.
- October 4th: Zombieland- A black comedy. Only a few survivors try to outwit zombies and end up having a great amusement park showdown.
- October 5th: Poltergeist- I’m not afraid of scary movies, but for some reason, I could not finish this movie.
- October 6th: Saw- If given the choice- kill to survive, would you do it?
- October 7th: Paranormal Activity- A couple is haunted by a dark presence. I didn’t find this movie scary, but some might.
- October 8th: E.T. the Extra- Terrestrial- Take a break from all the darkness for a classic tale of friendship.
- October 9th: The Witches- One of my favorite movies (and book). A witch wants to turn all the world’s children into mice.
- October 10th: Carrie- The original is much more chilling than the remake. The end is the best part.
- October 11th: Misery- Kathy Bates at her best, as a sadistic woman.
- October 12th: The Silence of the Lambs- A man that is a cannibal and the detective that seeks to capture two serial killers. This movie will have you jumping a few times.
- October 13th: A Nightmare on Elm Street- My aunt let me watch this movie when I was around 7 years old. I still to this day will not watch it.
- October 14th: The Exorcist- The best exorcism movie ever!
- October 15th: Candyman- I watched this movie for the first time last year. It had its moments, but I was expecting more.
- October 16th: Jaws- Watch out for what is swimming in the water!
- October 17th: The Shining- Red Rum, Red Rum. Great performances and a freaky hotel.
- October 18th: The Sixth Sense- If you haven’t seen this movie yet, what are you waiting for?
- October 19th: Coraline- I love this movie. It is a great movie for kids(over 7) and adults.
- October 20th: Casper- I think every girl had a crush on Casper. This movie is a children’s comedy mixed with a little sci-fi.
- October 21st: Monsters Inc- It isn’t a scary movie, but it is great for kids and adults (I heard a sequel is in the works!).
- October 22nd: Seven- A serial killer basing his murders on the seven deadly sins. Great, Great, movie.
- October 23rd: Pans Labyrinth- For those who enjoy foreign films, this movie is filled with mystery.
- October 24th: Alien- A classic sci-fi horror movie about a bloodthirsty alien.
- October 25th: It’s the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown- You can’t go through any holiday month without watching a Charlie Brown classic
- October 26th: Rec- Another great foreign thriller about a group of individual stuck in a quarantined building. Sound familiar? The movie Quarantine is a remake (not so good remake) of this film.
- October 27th: The Nightmare Before Christmas- Santa is kidnapped and Jack Skellington wishes to give all the children ghoulish gifts for Christmas.
- October 28th: Monster House- A creepy house is out to get the neighborhood kids.
- October 29th: Hocus Pocus- One of my favorite Halloween movies about witches. I wonder if Sarah Jessica Parker tries to forget she did this movie.
- October 30th: Psycho- What happens when you are stuck a dreary motel with a strange man? (I know this list is not in any particular order, but these last two movies are such classic they have to be watched closer to Halloween.)
- October 31st: Halloween- What’s Halloween without watching Micheal Myers wreck havoc on his town?
31 movies to watch in 31 days. Love a movie that isn’t on this list? Leave a comment, I would love to watch it.
A geography PhD student finding peace in creating a balance between the mind, body, soul, & environment.
Facebook – Instagram – Pinterest – Twitter – YouTube
Photo Credit: Pedro J. Ferreira